Find Art Schools in Louisiana
Get Program Info
Because Your Future Won't Wait
Studying Arts in Louisiana
Louisiana provides you with a lot of options when it comes to art schools. Job employment for graduates is expected to increase in ensuing years. If you want to learn more about studying art in Louisiana, then read the rest of this article.
Get started to see which schools match your needs
Louisiana has a total of 500 art graduates every year. The tuition fee in the two major art schools averages $5,233 per year. What's more, there are 32 schools in total to choose from. Graduates of fine art usually have a variety of job choices to select from in Louisiana. They may find employment as art directors, fine artists, craftsmen, multimedia artists, actors, art teachers, or writers.
The median salary of artists in New Orleans is $47,601. While in Baton Rouge, artists generally get $41,869 per year. The annual salary range of artists in Louisiana is approximately $34,590 to $88,550. There are almost 600 artists presently working in Louisiana either privately or for government institutions. This number is expected to grow by 28 percent after six years. Here are some projected employment outlooks for some art occupations in Louisiana:
1. Employment outlook for graphic designers is expected to increase by 13 percent in 2018. The state is projecting to create more jobs for graphic artists by the end of 2018.
2. For Fine Arts graduates, the projected growth in job opportunities would be five percent from 2012 to 2020.
3. The job opportunities for interior designers will definitely increase by 19 percent by the year 2020.
Based on this data, the prospect of an art career in Louisiana is very promising.
5 Reasons to Get Started
2. Design your own schedule with frequent, flexible start dates
3. Learn about online or local campus degree options
5. No waiting list